SER Negocios is a bilingual/multicultural nationwide entrepreneurship development program targeted towards Black, Latino, and American Indian entrepreneurs in:
– Los Angeles
– Long Beach
– Dallas-Fort Worth
The program provides entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and business development instruction, information, and resources. SER Negocios is available in Spanish and English. The program will be delivered on an online learning platform and in-person workshops.
SER Negocios provides the following technical assistance and support services:
- Entrepreneurship and business development (entrepreneurship models, financial and risk management, tax planning, funding opportunities, selling, and succession)
- Empowerment activities (presentations from role models and a discussion of challenges and opportunities in the world of entrepreneurs)
- Financial literacy (credit, budgeting, banking, investing, and insurance)
- Post-program Support Services (Small Business Support Group, access to advanced training and workshops on marketing, business plan development, applying for a loan, QuickBooks)
- Business case management (assistance formally registering a business, creating a business plan, business licenses/permits, financial planning, business banking, taxes, and hiring and retaining employees)
- Personal case management (addressing personal barriers such as transportation, health care, personal counseling, childcare, temporary shelter, or other essentials)
One of the keys to enable women to take charge of their professional growth and development is to own and manage their own business.
To be successful, women business owners must ensure they have a strong grasp of marketing fundamentals and marketing strategies that will help ensure continued growth for their enterprise.
Access to financial capital is key to any businesses seeking to grow. From funding expansion to hiring new employees, women require business loans to help their enterprises succeed.
“Equity and Entrepreneurship for Minorities”
Speaker: Tarsha Polk Hearns
“Access to Capital”
Speaker: Martha Victoria Valdez
“Calmly Innovating in Uncertain Times”
Speaker: Dr. Madeleine Wallace
“Seed to Start or Grow Your Business”
Speaker: Nancy Alvarez
“Marketing and Selling to the Federal Government”
Speaker: Nancy Alvarez
Small Business Starter Tool
Accion: To provide credit and services to small businesses and entrepreneurs who do not have access to loans from commercial sources and to provide leadership and innovation to the micro lending industry. Accion also has volunteer postings, internship postings and job postings.